Liberty's Model of Education
Liberty is an academically rigorous academy of learning. We expect a high level of commitment and consistent daily work from both Students and their Parents. Our hybrid education model incorporates high-quality instruction and a high level of parental involvement at home.
Liberty provides a Christ-centered, Classical, rigorous education in core and fine arts studies for Christian children.
Liberty offers credits for completed classes, academic grades, official transcripts, and diplomas.
Liberty does not accept credits from co-ops, workshops, enrichment programs, social organizations, or homeschool classes or programs.
Liberty's Hybrid Model looks like this:
- Each class is 50 minutes in duration.
- Students and their Parents jointly commit to spending at least 1 hour per day, per credit received in the class, on homework.
- Our highly qualified out-of-the-box but 'old-school' instruction is tailored for many learning types.
- Our Academic Year is 32 weeks. We get more actual learning accomplished in these 32 weeks than in most public schools.
- We meet and in most cases exceed the IL Bd of Education requirements for high school graduation.
- We do not allow Institute Days or other non-essential days off.
- We do not issue half-credits. Students must complete the entire year to receive their credits.
- Liberty's Students as Servants Club concentrates on Christ-centered service to others. All Students/Families are required to participate in our monthly service projects.
- At Liberty, more is not necessarily better. We believe that complete learning and comprehension of a subject can be accomplished with just enough of the right teaching and curriculum. Too much busywork does not ensure learning. It clutters the mind. It entices Students to cram instead of absorb, ponder, and retain. We won’t overload you with unnecessary classes, curriculum, or busywork. During family holiday vacation times, we try our best to allow you to have that much-needed family time without homework or daunting projects.
- All Families & Teachers sign our Statement of Christian Faith and require a Pastor's Letter of Reference.
- Please contact Liberty for Tuition & Registration fees for the 2019-2020 Academic Year
Everything we do at Liberty Encompasses our Mission Statement:
Educating Outside the Box & Inside the Church™: Christian Learning, Following God, Serving Others