Liberty's Hybrid Model of Education
Liberty is a Private Christian Hybrid Academy.
Here's what that means:
Liberty is an academically rigorous program and expects a high level of commitment and consistent daily work from both Students and their Parents. Our hybrid education model incorporates high-quality instruction and a high level of parental involvement at home during the week.
Liberty provides a Christ-centered, Classical, rigorous education for Christian children who cannot, or choose not to meet in a brick-and-mortar school 5-days per week.
Liberty offers credits for completed classes, academic grades, official transcripts, and diplomas.
Liberty is NOT a co-op, a workshop, an enrichment program, or a social organization, and we do not accept credits from these organizations.
Liberty's Hybrid Model looks like this:
- Students receive instruction at school 1 day per week on Wednesday.
- Each class is 50 minutes in duration.
- During the remaining weekdays, with their "Private Tutor at Home," Students and their Parents jointly commit to spending at least 1 hour per day, per credit received in the class, on their homework.
- Classes are deliberately small, and we like it that way. Small classes allow plenty of Student-Teacher interaction.
- Our highly qualified out-of-the-box but 'old-school' instruction is tailored for many learning types. Students will not receive instruction by sitting at computer banks and entering data for teachers to review later.
- Our Academic Year is 32 weeks. We get more actual learning accomplished in these 32 weeks than in most public schools.
- We meet and in most cases exceed the IL Bd of Education requirements for high school graduation.
- We do not allow Institute Days or other non-essential days off.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences are scheduled around in-session days.
- We do not issue half-credits. Students must complete the entire year to receive their credits.
- On Wednesdays, we build Community: Lunch is at Noon for everyone, after mandatory Devotions & School Announcements.
- LIberty's Students as Servants Club concentrates on Christ-centered service to others. All Students/Families are required to participate.
- At Liberty, more is not necessarily better. We believe that complete learning and comprehension of a subject can be accomplished with just enough of the right teaching and curriculum. Too much busywork does not ensure learning. It clutters the mind. It entices Students to cram instead of absorb, ponder, and retain. We won’t overload you with unnecessary classes, curriculum, or busywork. During family holiday vacation times, we try our best to allow you to have that much-needed family time without homework or daunting projects.
- All Families & Teachers sign our Statement of Christian Faith and require a Pastor's Letter of Reference.
Everything we do at Liberty Encompasses our Mission Statement:
Educating Outside the Box & Inside the Church™: Christian Learning, Following God, Serving Others