Go Tell it A Cappella Choir
Audition Information for the Academic Year September 2018 - May 2019
You do not have to attend Liberty Academy to be in our Choir - *See Below
Being in a formal Choir will improve your singing voice in these ways:
- Learn how to harmonize & blend your voice with others
- Improve your timing & dynamics
- Discover how to monitor your sound
- Learn expressive techniques & vocal percussion
- Develop your musical ear
- Reduce performance anxiety
- Understand musical theory & learn how to read music
- Be around others who share your love for singing
Auditions are required for all new Choir Members
- Please Reserve an Audition Timeslot - call the number below
- Closed Solo Audition: Your Solo Audition will be closed to all others
- Your Solo Audition will be about 10 minutes, but also be prepared to stay until 5pm to sing with our Choir
- Solo Audition Requirements:
- Come prepared to sing approx. 32 bars (1 minute) of a song of your choice
- You may sing an a cappella song, or
- If you sing a song with music accompaniment for your audition:
- Bring sheet music for piano (our Choir Director will play), or
- Bring a recording device loaded & ready with your music, if you are signing with a music trac
FEES & COSTS: Upon acceptance, all Fees & Costs must be paid in full prior to 1st class.
Liberty Academic Division Students: Registration Fee is paid at Academic Registration. Select "Choir" as an elective.
*Non-Liberty Academy Students (Outreach Division): Registration Fee is paid in full, not prorated, no matter what time in the Academic Year you join.
- $100 PER FAMILY PER **ACADEMIC YEAR payable to "LLAA" when notified you passed Audition.
- Choir Director Fee: $25 PER STUDENT PER MONTH + $5 PER STUDENT PER SEMESTER MUSIC FEE. Choir Director Fees are due on FIRST WEDNESDAY OF EACH MONTH.
Returning & New Members: Please click on "Request Membership," fill out all required forms, and enter your Student in our system so we have your contact information.
**ACADEMIC YEAR: The Academic Year begins in September in one calendar and ends in May of the following calendar year. All fees are charged and paid according to the Academic Year.
To reserve Audition timeslot or if you have questions call (630) 272-9021