Liberty's Model of Education
Liberty is a private rigorous Christian academy of learning for 1st through 12th grades. Our Model of Education is based on the Classical method of educating children and traditional Christian values. Our educational model incorporates high-quality instruction and a high level of Student and Parental involvement at home for homework and assignments.
We have three Divisions: Academic, Professional Children's, and Outreach.
See our "Professional Children" page for more information on this Division.
Liberty issues academic and honors-weighted grades, credits for completed classes, official transcripts, and high school diplomas in its Academic and Professional Children's Divisions.
Please Note: Liberty is not a homeschool group, organization, or entity. Liberty does not accept credits or transcripts from homeschoolers, homeschool workshops, or homeschool enrichment programs. (We use a website service titled "Homeschool-Life" because its interactive platform best suits our Academy needs).
Liberty's Model of Education:
- Each class is at least 50 minutes in duration
- Our Building is open from Monday - Friday, September through May.
- Academic Year Classes run from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
- Our Teachers, several of whom have graduate-level degrees, teach classes solely in their 'degree field' of academic expertise.
- Liberty has an optional 12-week Summer Intensive Program for grades 9 through 12.
- Students and their Parents jointly commit to spending at least 1 hour per day, per credit received in each class on homework, with the understanding that if the work is not completed, Liberty will not issue the credit.
- Our highly qualified out-of-the-box but 'old-school' instruction is tailored for many learning types.
- Our Academic Year is 32 weeks. We get more actual learning accomplished in these 32 weeks than in most public schools.
- Children enrolled in our Professional Children's Academy will be allowed flexibility at pre-determined times during the Academic Year, but will complete 32 weeks of study before June 10th of the Academic Year.
- Liberty exceeds the IL Bd of Education and the Wisconsin DPI requirements for high school graduation:
- IL High School Graduation Requirements: IL requires 24 credits.
- WI High School Graduation Requirements: WI requires 24.5 credits plus Civics.
- Liberty High School Graduation Requirements: Liberty Students must complete 40 credits and must take several additional required courses to graduate.
- We do not allow Institute Days or other non-essential days off. We take a Thanksgiving Break, a Christmas Break, a Spring Break, and a long Easter Holiday weekend, beginning on Good Friday through Easter Sunday. When the calendar allows, Spring Break and the Easter Holiday are combined.
- Students must complete the entire 32-week year of classes to receive their credits.
- Our Classical core classes are central to the learning environment at Liberty: Religious Studies, Reading/Writing, English/Literature, Mathematics, Science with Labs, History/Government/Social Studies, Foreign Languages, Logic/Critical Thinking, Economics, Speech/Debate.
- At Liberty, more is not necessarily better. We believe that complete learning and comprehension of a subject can be accomplished with just enough of the right teaching and curriculum. Too much busywork does not ensure learning. It clutters the mind. It entices Students to cram instead of absorb, ponder, and retain. We won’t overload you with unnecessary classes, curriculum, or busywork. During family holiday vacation times, we try our best to allow you to have that much-needed family time without homework or daunting projects.
- Liberty's "Students as Servants" is a registered Key Club, a division of Kiwanis International. Service to Others is incorporated in our Mission Statement. Our Students engage in hands-on service to others & participation is required. Liberty's Key Club certifies Student service hours for college applications.
- Please contact Liberty for Tuition & Registration fees.
Everything we do at Liberty Encompasses our Mission Statement:
Educating Outside the Box & Inside the Church™