Liberty's Model of Education
Liberty is a private rigorous Christian academy of learning for 1st through 12th grades. Our Model of Education is based on the Classical method of educating children and traditional Christian values. Our educational model incorporates high-quality instruction and a high level of Student and Parental involvement at home for homework and assignments.
At Liberty, more is not necessarily better. We believe that complete learning and comprehension of a subject can be accomplished with just enough of the right teaching and curriculum. Too much busy work does not ensure learning. It clutters the mind. It entices Students to cram instead of absorb, ponder, and retain. We won’t overload you with unnecessary classes, curriculum, or busy work. During family holiday vacation times, we try our best to allow you to have that much-needed family time without homework or daunting projects.
We have three Divisions: Academic, Professional Children's, and Outreach. Our Outreach Division classes change each Academic Year and are posted for members on our secure website. Transcripts and credits are not available for Students in our Outreach Division.
See our "Professional Children" page for more information on this Division.
Liberty issues AP and honors-weighted grades and credits for completed classes, official transcripts, and high school diplomas in its Academic and Professional Children's Divisions.
Liberty's Model of Education:
- Each class is at least 50 minutes in duration.
- Our Building is open from Monday - Friday, September through May.
- Academic Year Classes run from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Our Teachers, several of whom have graduate-level degrees, teach classes solely in their 'degree field' of academic expertise.
- Liberty offers an optional 12-week Summer Intensive Program for grades 9 through 12.
- Students and their Parents jointly commit to spending at least 1 hour per day, per credit received in each class on homework, with the understanding that if the work is not completed, Liberty will not issue the credit.
- Our highly qualified out-of-the-box effective instruction is tailored for many learning types.
- Our Academic Year is 32 weeks. We get more actual learning accomplished in these 32 weeks than in most public schools.
- Children enrolled in our Professional Children's Academy will be allowed flexibility at pre-determined times during the Academic Year, but will complete 32 weeks of study before June 10th of the Academic Year.
- Liberty exceeds the IL Bd of Education and the Wisconsin DPI requirements for high school graduation:
- IL High School Graduation Requirements: IL requires 24 credits.
- WI High School Graduation Requirements: WI requires 24.5 credits plus Civics.
- Liberty High School Graduation Requirements: Liberty Students must complete 40 credits and must take several additional required courses to graduate.
- Liberty does not allow Institute Days or other non-essential days off. We take a Thanksgiving Break, a Christmas Break, a Spring Break, and a long Easter Holiday weekend, beginning on Good Friday through Easter Monday. When the calendar allows, Spring Break and the Easter Holiday are combined.
- Students must complete the entire 32-week year of classes to receive their credits.
- Liberty is committed to teaching children only the subjects which will help them be successful in their lives. We believe that all other social, political, and personal issues are best left to parents to teach their children. Therefore, we only teach historical and traditional Classical and Christian Studies. These are our core classes which are central to the learning environment at Liberty: Religious Studies, Reading/Writing (we are considered a writing-heavy academy), English/Literature, Mathematics, Science with Labs, History/Government/Social Studies, Foreign Languages, Logic/Critical Thinking, Economics/Fiscal Responsibility, Speech & Debate. We are also committed to Physical Education and Driver's Education classes.
- Liberty's "Students as Servants" is a registered Key Club, a division of Kiwanis International. Service to Others is incorporated in our Mission Statement. Our Students engage in hands-on service to others & participation is required. Liberty's Key Club certifies Student service hours for college applications.
- Liberty is committed to ensuring the safety of our students, faculty, and staff.
- For this reason, Liberty does not publish the physical address of the Academy. Location information is given to approved families only after an extensive vetting process encompassing a formal civil, criminal, and character background check of all family members who will enter our building and/or attend our events.
- Off-duty policemen are on-duty at Liberty whenever Students, Families, Faculty, and Staff are present.
- To be considered for acceptance, all Families are expected to provide a Statement from their Pastor and sign our Statement of Faith committing to uphold our values.
- Please contact Liberty for Tuition & Registration fees.
Everything we do at Liberty Encompasses our Mission Statement:
Educating Outside the Box & Inside the Church™
Please Note: Liberty is not a homeschool group, organization, or entity!
Liberty does not accept credits or transcripts from homeschoolers, homeschool workshops, or homeschool enrichment programs. (We use a website service titled "Homeschool-Life" because its interactive platform best suits our Academy needs).