Liberty's Hybrid Model of Education
Liberty is a Private Charter Christian Hybrid School.
That's a mouthful! Here's what that means:
Our hybrid education model incorporates high-quality instruction at school, and, as much or as little Parental involvement at home as each class and Student requires. We offer education for Christian children who cannot, or choose not to meet in a brick-and-mortar school 5-days per week.
We offer credits for classes, academic grades, official transcripts, and high school diplomas. We are NOT a co-op, a workshop, an enrichment program, or a social organization, and we do not accept credits from these organizations.
Our Hybrid School Model looks like this:
- Students receive instruction at school 1 day per week on Wednesday.
- Each class is 50 minutes in duration.
- Our highly qualified out-of-the-box but old-school instruction is tailored for many learning types. Students will not receive instruction by sitting at computer banks and entering data for teachers to review later.
- During the remaining 4 weekdays, Students spend approximately 1 hour per day, per class credit on homework.
- Our Acedemic Year is 32 weeks. We get more actual learning accomplished in these 32 weeks than in most public schools.
- We exceed the IL Bd of Education requirements for high school graduation
- We do not allow Institute Days, Parent-Teacher Conference days, or other non-essential days off
- At Liberty, more is not necessarily better. We believe that complete learning and comprehension of a subject can be accomplished with just enough of the right teaching and curriculum. Too much busywork does not ensure learning. It clutters the mind. It entices Students to cram instead of absorb, ponder, and retain. We won’t overload you with unnecessary classes, curriculum, or busywork. During family holiday vacation times, we try our best to allow you to have that much-needed family time without homework or daunting projects.
Everything we do at Liberty Encompasses our Mission Statement:
Educating Outside the Box & Inside the Church™: Christian Learning, Following God, Serving Others