LIBERTY LIBERAL ARTS ACADEMY DRESS CODE - ALL DIVISIONS
As an Enrollment Condition in all Divisions, each Student, Parent/Guardian, Sibling, Teacher, and Visitor to Liberty and Liberty events agrees that they will dress modestly according to this Liberty Dress Code. This Liberty Dress Code is designed to ensure that everyone is dressed modestly to promote a serious academic atmosphere; to eliminate distractions to learning; and to encourage relationships based on individual character rather than outward appearance.
- For safety reasons, flip-flops & croc-style shoes are not allowed
- Bare torsos, backs, shoulders, upper thighs, and revealing, provocative, or immodest attire is not permitted
- Undergarments must not be seen through any clothing and must not be visible
- Extremely tight tops, dresses/skirts, pants/shorts are not permitted
- No clothing with inappropriate words or symbols shall be worn
- The Liberty Head of School shall solely decide whether a particular garment is inappropriate
SHIRTS, TOPS, DRESSES
All shirts, tops, bodices & dresses must have a sleeve and all sleeves must be on the top of your shoulder, not pulled down off the shoulder
The follosing rules as to Shirts, tops, & dress bodices are:
- Tanks, Strapless, Backless, Off-the-shoulder, Cold-shoulder/Peep-through Shoulder, Spaghetti Strings, Straps, Halters, Midriffs, Low-cut, expose cleavage, too short, or extremely tight are NOT allowed
- Tops which do not cover undergarments completely are NOT allowed
- Bras, Camisoles, and Undergarments of any sort must NOT be visible
Test to determine whether your top is long enough: raise hands & arms straight up above head, next to ears. If any portion of your midriff is exposed, the top is too short, and cannot be worn at Liberty or at Liberty Events.
The rules for pants, bottoms, shorts, bottoms of dresses, skirts, etc. are:
- Mini-shorts, short-shorts, mini-skirts or mini-dresses are NOT allowed. Shorts, skirts & dresses must extend lower than the student’s fingertips when standing upright
- Short-shorts, mini-skirts, mini-dresses may not be worn over tights or leggings are NOT allowed, unless the outer attire extends lower than the student’s fingertips when standing upright
- Pants must be worn appropriately around the waist, NOT hanging below the hip
- Undergarments must NOT be visible
- Holes (either whole or partial, or partially ripped through) in jeans, pants, bottoms, shorts, dresses, skirts, or any garment below the waist, which are cut anywhere above where the student’s fingertips reach when arms are hanging at sides are NOT allowed.
- NO Stretch Pants or Leggings shall be worn unless the top or dress completely covers top of legs in front and completely covers the "entire rear" of the body.
- Stretch Pant/Legging with Top length Exception: if you are a Student or Teacher in a Dance Class or a Master Class with Dance included - and - the stretch pants/leggings are not so tight as to crease inside your body parts - and - all other modesty rules are followed (such as - no midriffs, etc.).
- If you are wearing inappropriate clothing, you will have the option of going home to change, or wear what we give you over the banned clothing for the day. If you wear clothing with holes, you agree that Liberty has the right to apply thick, sticky Duct-Tape over all inappropriate holes, even if it ultimately ruins the garment. Liberty is not liable for ruined garments. You may also be removed from event participation.
DRESS CODE NOTICE:
- If a Student, Parent/Guardian, Sibling, Teacher, or Visitor to Liberty or a Liberty event has any doubt as to whether clothing is inappropriate, consider it inappropriate (i.e. NOT appropriate for wearing at Liberty or a Liberty event)
- Please save yourself embarrassment from being called out by a Liberty Staff member, or Pastor/Staff/Church Member
- Dress Code issues may be called into question at any time a Liberty Staff member may notice or be notified
- Persistent dress code violations will result in your being terminated from class(es)